This seven-day intensive workshop will take place on the campus of Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana from Tuesday Dec. 27th, 2022 to Monday January 2nd, 2023. Participants should plan to arrive in New Orleans no later than Monday December 26th and depart later in the afternoon or evening of Monday January 2nd. Shared Room Housing is available from Monday December 26th to Monday January 2nd. Daily training will be from 8:30 am to 5:30 pm daily with two additional evenings providing Master Classes. The workshop offers three separate training tracks.
- TRACK ONE – INTRODUCTORY WORKSHOP – This workshop will act as an introduction for beginners as well as serve as a review for Theatrical Combatants who may have previous training in Dueling Arts 6 primary disciplines of Unarmed Combat, Quarterstaff, Medieval Broadsword, Rapier & Dagger of the Renaissance, The Transitional Single Rapier and The Restoration Smallsword.
- TRACK TWO – LEVEL II – This track will provide in depth Level II Training and Optional Skills Test and Adjudication in Contemporary Dramatic Violence, Medieval Broadsword and Rapier and Dagger.
- MASTERS TRACK – This training track will provide training in Methods and Application of the Chinese Disciplines of Spear, Broadsword and T’ai Chi Sword!
The Primary Instructors for this year’s winter workshop are Gregory Hoffman, Founder, Master Instructor and Fight Director for Dueling Arts International; Dave Maier, Senior Instructor and Master Fight Director for Dueling Arts International; and Nick Logue, Senior Instructor with Dueling Arts International.
WORKSHOP TUITION and FEES:
- The Training Fees for both the Introductory Workshop and the Master’s Track is $675.00
- The Training Fee for Level Two is $700.00.
- Shared Housing Fees are $400 for all participants.
Though late Registration may be possible the Deadline for Registration w/ Housing is Dec. 1st, 2022.
Space in each workshop will be limited so do plan to Register Early to Guarantee your spot!!
Please note that all workshop participants will be required to be fully Vaccinated for Covid 19 and abide by any Covid Testing and other Safety Protocols that Dueling Arts may required.
For Further Information and/or To Register please contact Bart Williams at email@example.com.
There are 3 scholarship opportunities this year:
This scholarship is awarded to a student who shows outstanding potential as a Theatrical Combatant and that exemplifies the qualities of generosity, open-mindedness and positivity. The ideal candidate is a person that will not only benefit from the training but will contribute to the DAI community for years to come. Candidates may be nominated via a letter of recommendation written by any member of the DAI community on behalf of the applicant, to be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2022.
3.) Your emails should be submitted to email@example.com and are due November 20, 2022.